Artist Membership is offered to advanced ceramic artists only.
To qualify for membership you must have:
Several recent years of experience working with clay and glazing.
AND the ability to work independently.
AND have completed at least two eight-week sessions at CASI.
Members have exclusive Member Open Studio (MOS) time during designated periods. Members not taking a class, may not use the studio during class time or Student Open Studio (SOS) times. Use of the facilities for up to 20 hours each week, glazing and 4,800 cubic inches a session are included. Measurements of all green-ware will be required before placing on the green ware shelf to be bisque fired.
Those interested in or recommended by their instructor for membership may apply via email Rima@casiceramics.com with the following:
- First and last name.
- Number of eight week sessions taken at CASI.
- Instructor name(s) at CASI that recommended you.
- Number of years of recent experience with clay.
Membership Information and Perks:
Membership sessions are 10 weeks long and occur five times a year. Membership session starts one week before students and continues one week after student session ends.
- Members are granted 4800 cubic inches per session (vs 2800 for students) and will be measured.
- Members receive a 15% discount on classes and workshops.
- CASI clay and glaze policies remain; clay used and fired at CASI must be purchased from CASI. No outside clay, glazes or other materials can be used.
- Members will have access to sell work in the front gallery at CASI.
- Members will have a personal shelf.
- Membership dues per session are $355 and will be auto-charged 30 days prior to the beginning of the next session.
- Cancellation of membership must be in writing or email five business days prior to the auto-charge date for the next session.
Refunds after the session has begun will only be considered if member has a personal hardship.
New applicants, and those that have cancelled but may want to return, will be added to the waiting list on a “first come, first served” basis.
For more information, please inquire at Rima@casiceramics.com, or call us at 661-260-2274.
Rules and Etiquette
As a member at CASI you have earned the privilege to use CASI Ceramic Artist’s Studio during special hours affording you to the space and tools to explore your work as a ceramic artist.
Standard studio rules apply.
As always look for emails regarding more and updated information on membership.