Artist Membership is offered to advanced potters and ceramic artists only.
To qualify for membership you must have:
Several recent years of experience working with clay and glazing.
AND the ability to work independently.
AND an understanding and good practice of CASI studio etiquette.
AND create high quality work.
AND have a recommendation from your instructor(s).
AND have completed at least two eight-week sessions at CASI to ensure an understanding of the flow of the studio and to have the opportunity for guidance with our cone 10/high fire glazes.
Members have exclusive Member Open Studio (MOS) time during designated periods.
There are three levels of Membership.
Gold Membership: Use of the facilities for up to 24 hours each week during designated MOS, bisque and glaze firings, use of glazes for 5,000 cubic inches of work each 10 week session. $405.00, limited to 34 potters.
Silver Membership: Use of the facilities for up to 8 hours each week during designated MOS, bisque and glaze firings, use of glazes for 3,000 cubic inches of work each 10 week session. $355.00, limited to 6 potters.
Upgrade to Platinum Membership from Gold: Same as for Gold Membership, but add 2,000 cubic inches of work to 7,000 cubic inches. Gold membership dues plus $110.00, limited to 10 potters.
Cubic inch overage is subject to charge at the rate of $0.08. As an example: over by 1000 cu.in. x 0.08 = $80.00.
Prices are subject to change to help cover costs of rising prices of supplies and materials, overhead and payroll.
Those interested in or recommended by their instructor for membership may apply via email Rima@casiceramics.com with the following:
- First and last name.
- Number of eight week sessions taken at CASI.
- Instructor name(s) at CASI that recommended you.
- Number of years of recent experience with clay.
Membership Information and Perks:
Membership sessions are 10 weeks long and occur five times a year. Members are the only CASI clients that can create at home and bring in works, which count toward total cubic inches.
- Members are granted either 3,000, 5,000 or 7,000 cubic inches per session (vs 2800 for students) and will be measured by the member.
- Members receive a 15% discount on workshops.
- CASI clay and glaze policies remain; clay used and fired at CASI must be purchased from CASI. No outside clay, glazes, underglazes or other materials can be used. The ONLY approved underglaze is Amaco Velvet Underglazes for cone 10.
- Members will have a personal shelf.
- Membership dues per session are will be auto-charged 30 days prior to the beginning of the next session. You are a member until you give notice in writing via email.
- Cancellation of membership must be by email five business days prior to the auto-charge date for the next session.
Refunds after the session has begun will only be considered if member has a personal hardship.
New applicants, and those that have cancelled but may want to return, will be added to the waiting list on a “first come, first served” basis.
For more information, please inquire at Rima@casiceramics.com, or call us at 661-260-2274.
Rules and Etiquette
As a member at CASI you have earned the privilege to use CASI Ceramic Artist’s Studio during special hours affording you to the space and tools to explore your work as a ceramic artist. Members are expected to respect the business and the studio, and bring a positive attitude. Gossip and negativity are not accepted in the studio. The studio is a haven for those creating with clay.