Applications are now being accepted for Summer Session which begins in August.
Artist Membership is offered to advanced ceramic artists only. To qualify for membership you must have several recent years of experience, ability to work independently and have completed at least two, eight-week sessions at CASI.
Members have exclusive Member Open Studio (MOS) time during designated periods. Members not taking a class, may not use the studio during class time or Student Open Studio (SOS) times. Use of the facilities for up to 20 hours each week, glazing and 4,800 cubic inches a session are included. Measurements of all green-ware will be required before placing on the green ware shelf to be bisque fired.
Those interested in membership may apply via email Rima@casiceramics.com with the following:
- First and last name.
- Number of eight week sessions taken at CASI.
- Instructor name(s) at CASI.
- Number of years of recent experience with clay.
Membership Information and Perks:
Membership sessions are 10 weeks long and occur five times a year. Membership session starts one week before students and continues one week after student session ends.
- Members are granted 4800 cubic inches per session (vs 2800 for students) and will be measured.
- Members receive a 15% discount on classes and workshops.
- CASI clay and glaze policies remain; clay used and fired at CASI must be purchased from CASI. No outside clay, glazes or other materials can be used.
- Members will have access to sell work in the front gallery at CASI.
- Members will have a personal shelf, plus access to a locker to store valuables.
- Membership dues per session are $330 and will be auto-charged 30 days prior to the beginning of the next session.
- Cancellation of membership must be in writing or email five business days prior to the auto-charge date for the next session.
New applicants, and those that have cancelled but may want to return, will be added to the waiting list on a “first come, first served” basis.
For more information, please inquire at Rima@casiceramics.com, or call us at 661-260-2274.
Rules and Etiquette
As a member at CASI you have earned the privilege to use CASI Ceramic Artist’s Studio during special hours affording you to the space and tools to explore your work as a ceramic artist.
Standard studio rules apply.
As always look for emails regarding more and updated information on membership.