CASI Membership is offered to those that have taken classes at the CASI studio and those that come with recent clay experience. If you are new to the studio we offer an orientation and tour to get you started. Those are offered on Tuesday afternoons and Wednesday mornings.
To qualify for membership you must have:
Recent experience working with clay and glazing.
AND the ability to work independently.
AND an understanding and good practice of CASI STUDIO ETIQUETTE.
There are four options of Membership:
Please keep track of your cubic inches, we will, too. We understand you may have projects that take you over your inch limit, and that’s okay.
Cubic Inch overages will be charged each month automatically at the rate of 8 cents per cubic inch.
Bisque firing, glazes and Cone 10 high fire are included as long as one stays within the cubic inch limit.
Prices are subject to change to help cover costs of rising prices of supplies and materials, overhead and payroll.
Member Open Studio hours are indicated with green boxes:
Those interested in may apply via email email@example.com
Membership Information and Perks:
- Members are granted either 3,000 or 4,200 cubic inches per month and will be measured by the member.
- CASI clay and glaze policies; clay used and fired at CASI must be purchased from CASI. No outside clay, glazes, underglazes or other materials can be used. The ONLY approved underglaze is Amaco Velvet Underglazes for cone 10.
- Members will have a personal shelf.
- Membership dues per session are will be auto-charged 15 days prior to the beginning of the next month or bi-monthly, on the 15th of the scheduled month.
- You are a member until you give notice in writing via email.
- Cancellation of membership must be by email seven business days prior to the auto-charge date for the next session.
Refunds after the session has begun will only be considered if member has a personal hardship.
New applicants, and those that have cancelled but may want to return, will be added to the waiting list on a “first come, first served” basis.
Rules and Etiquette
As a member at CASI you have earned the privilege to use CASI Ceramic Artist’s Studio during special hours affording you to the space and equipment to explore your work as a ceramic artist. Members are expected to respect the business and the studio, and bring a positive attitude. Gossip and negativity are not accepted in the studio. The studio is a haven for those creating with clay.